San Diego Comic Con: Panel on Northstar's Wedding

Western created material

Moderator: pkristen

San Diego Comic Con: Panel on Northstar's Wedding

Postby pkristen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:55 am

While I totally admit I'm not a Marvel fan grrl, a part of me found a certain subversive appeal in attend an official panel devoted to analyzing the evolution of Marvel's most famous gay character, to his wedding in the "Astonishing X-Men" series this past June.

I was pleasantly surprised to attend the panel and see that (I assume) official buttons that were labeled "Jean-Claude & Kyle" with their comic wedding date.

The panel members included, the original writer who brought Jean-Claude (Northstar) out of the closet twenty years ago, the current writer of the wedding episode, a member of Marvel's marketing department, a reporter from "The Advocate". And respectable spread that covered the topic from all angles.

While I appreciated the discussion, including the well-known appreciation for protestors' publicity causing an increase in sales, I still don't see myself getting into Marvel-verse. At least, not at $3.99 for past, recent issues of the series. If the price drops, I MIGHT explore that series more.
pkristen

Return to Comics & Graphic Novels