Gail Simone Fired by DC (AND Rehired!!!)

Western created material

Moderator: pkristen

Gail Simone Fired by DC (AND Rehired!!!)

Postby pkristen » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:50 am

Every once in a while, I get a weird kind of out-of-the-blue impulse to do something that I NEVER, EVER do.

Sunday night, I had this impulse to do a general Google search on Scandal Savage, because I was trying to hunt down a basic reference on the character. And then I saw a post by someone in October about how her co-creator Simone was trying to bring her back to the current DC Universe. I was thrilled.

Well, tonight I was hit by an impulse to see if there was any updates so I Googled Simone herself and came across references to her firing this weekend from the "Batgirl" book. http://www.examiner.com/article/gail-si ... D=obinsite

It made me incredibly embarrassed to be a DC Fangirl. And yes, angry.

I'm not a fan of Simone herself in that I go out of my way to check out her work. But I do respect her as a writer and for what she tries to accomplish, and I do realize a lot of the comics I've read in my rediscovery of DC and comics in the past year consisted of a lot of her work.

And it hasn't helped my mood of trying to watch some anime series that just have straight male priority (and screw everyone else) that I'm just done.

Off to write my own dyke-feminist works as the best medicine for a very bad mood.

And I hope DC DOESN'T bring back Scandal without Simone. The thought just gives me chills.

The way DC editorial seems to be going, I'm honestly not going to be surprised if they turn Maggie Sawyer straight.
pkristen

Re: Gail Simone Fired by DC (AND Rehired!)

Postby pkristen » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:57 am

pkristen

Return to Comics & Graphic Novels