Creatures of Grace: Looking for Artists to do Comic Book

Western created material

Moderator: pkristen

Creatures of Grace: Looking for Artists to do Comic Book

Postby pkristen » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am

Yes, I'm getting the itch to retry the comic book producing thing a second time (the last one being a couple of decades ago, when things were much more expensive and frustrating).

So, if you like the series, can draw people with a middle earth fashion sense but none of the middle earth "fantasticalness" (such as pixies, anthropomorphic animals, etc.), and want the exposure, send me an email or contact me on Facebook.

This is a pure collaboration with me willing to finance the production costs (preferably focus on digital publishing since that's much much cheaper.) But since I'm not getting any profits out of it, I can't promise anything except what I'm currently getting: the love and satisfaction of producing some of my best work for people to enjoy.
pkristen

Re: Creatures of Grace: Looking for Artists to do Comic Boo

Postby pkristen » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Oh, I realized I should have clarified something: If the comic books do make a profit, I fully intend to split that with all creative parties.

What killed my previous attempts was that the artists were paid upfront and since I also had to cover the production costs, I had no money for advertising or promotion (and it was pre-internet anyway). And since I work full-time for a living, I don't need the added frustration in my life.

Also, if you are planning to attend the following events and want to arrange a meeting to chat about this (or the series in general), feel free to contact me at bgcpost2040 at aol.com:

Wonder Con - Anaheim in March
Gaylaxicon - Atlanta in May
San Diego Comic Con - San Diego in July
Fan Expo - Toronto in August (tentative - depending if they have a "Lost Girl" panel)
New York Comic Con - NY in October
Bent Con - LA/Burbank in December
pkristen

Return to Comics & Graphic Novels