"Love My Life" (Manga/Live Action Movie)

Manga, anime, music and other material created by people from the Land of the Rising Sun!
Formerly known as the website "This Lesbian's Guide To Anime & Manga".

Moderator: pkristen

"Love My Life" (Manga/Live Action Movie)

Postby pkristen » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:18 pm

Summary:
Based on the manga by Ebine Yamaji (which is available in English on J Manga).

Blurb on the back of the DVD: "Opposites attract in this charming love story from Japan. Ichiko is a happy go lucky girl who falls in love with serious Eri, a fellow student at the university. Ichiko wants to tell the world about their love - beginning with her father. But gay romance is not quite as easy as Ichiko enviisions. When she comes out, she learns surprising family secrets. And Eri's studies soon are keeping them apart. Stars Japanese supermodel Asami Imajuku.

Review:
While I was thrilled at the idea that there was a live-action movie made of one of my favorite mangas, I had to admit I had a certain amount of reservation given how many live-action versions just plain sucked. And when I mean "sucked", I really should have typed it all in caps, where the storie and characters aren't even remotely similar to the original work.

But I am glad to report that this one held true to the original spirit and was executed very well.

I finally watched this a couple of months ago with my old-activist dyke friends and we collectively enjoyed it. So I'm thinking you might too!
pkristen

Return to From Japan