"Sprite: Between Two Worlds" (Anime)

Manga, anime, music and other material created by people from the Land of the Rising Sun!
Formerly known as the website "This Lesbian's Guide To Anime & Manga".

Moderator: pkristen

"Sprite: Between Two Worlds" (Anime)

Postby pkristen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 am

4 Episode OVA. Review written December 29, 2001.

Summary
Teenage boy Toru goes to live with relatives in Tokyo, including pretty but timid girl Manami. Local bad-girl Chiaki picks on Manami for “stealing” away a would-be boyfriend, only to be confronted with Manami’s other personality, the assertive and sometimes violent Nami.

Review
Yes, this one is in the blurred realm between “regular” anime and “hentai” due to its rather frank approach to nudity and sexual activities which are very much at the level of American teen sex comedies. The sexual content does heighten towards the end, but it’s actually plot related, which is the whole reason why I’m even listing this anime on my site.

The whole story-arc of the series is around the events that happen due to the appearance of Manami’s assertive personality, where she came from and how to get rid of her. I personally enjoyed the interactions between Toru, Manami and Nami, with emphasis on character and relationship development.

Definitely didn’t make me feel any more intellectually or emotionally enlightened, but it was a fun couple hours of viewing. And yes, being a hentai piece, it does have a brief moment or two of sexual interest/activity between women.
pkristen

Return to From Japan