"R.O.D (Read Or Die)" (Anime)

Manga, anime, music and other material created by people from the Land of the Rising Sun!
Formerly known as the website "This Lesbian's Guide To Anime & Manga".

Moderator: pkristen

"R.O.D (Read Or Die)" (Anime)

Postby pkristen » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:02 pm

3 Episode OVA. Review written September 3, 2003.

(Note: I do have the TV series sequel but haven't had time to watch it in quite a while. Will write my comments wehn that finally happens. Don't hold your breath.)

Summary
Occasional substitute teacher and passionate book lover, Yomiko Readman is tapped for her incredible skills as “The Paper” in order to battle mysterious clones of famous past figures in a sinister plot to destroy mankind.

Review
Despite the overly large and gravity-defying breasts, I love this anime. Appealing characters, great action and breath-taking scenery is a winning combination for me. I admit the story isn’t that intellectually challenging but it’s fun to shut off that side of your brain and just go with the flow. Well worth the viewing – and yes, I own a copy!

Lesbian Analysis
Yomiko Readman – Our Quirky and Obsessive Bookworm

I think my best friend described it best when he said “the only thing that took her attention from her books is a kick-ass and sexy woman in leather.”

Nancy - Leather-clad, phasing spy among spies

Well, hmm, while her taste in men is questionable, one can adequately argue that she’s got more than just a little soft-spot for Yomiko. One can easily imagine that if she had been single to begin with, Yomiko would have been first on her list.
pkristen

Return to From Japan