"My My Mai" (Anime)

Manga, anime, music and other material created by people from the Land of the Rising Sun!
Formerly known as the website "This Lesbian's Guide To Anime & Manga".

Moderator: pkristen

"My My Mai" (Anime)

Postby pkristen » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:20 am

2 Episode OVA. Originally reviewed March 24, 2002

Summary
Cheerful young woman named Mai runs a “consulting” firm, where she tackles rather unusual cases, ranging from tracking down a missing doctor who turns out to be a lecherous psycho, a rock store with media-phobia, and an inn haunted by the ghosts of little old ladies.

Review
I only rented this from Netflix because of the teasing lesbian cover of Mai, her friends Mii and Ai in a hinted lesbian daisy-chain. However, that cover shows something that doesn’t happen in the episodes – which is not that unusual.

Mai is friendly, cheerful and a virgin even though she sheds quite a bit during the episodes and manages to get seriously groped in both installments, wondering if she’ll be deflowered each time.

Despite the ecchi humor and displays, the videos do try to portray an actual story of Mai overcoming the unusual challenges she’s faced with. However, just like the teasing nudity and sexual play, the stories aren’t strong enough to really make it worth the time of watching it. I’m glad I didn’t actually buy it for my collection. And I’m sure I’ll forget most of it two days later, if not sooner.

Lesbian Analysis
It almost seems eye-rolling to point something out in a ecchi piece. However, there’s two scenes showing Mii groping Mai, with the later having obviously pleasurable responses. Again, both times they’re stopped before anything REALLY happens, although Mii admits to herself she REALLY wanted it to.
pkristen

Return to From Japan