"Labyrinth of Flames" (Anime)

Manga, anime, music and other material created by people from the Land of the Rising Sun!
Formerly known as the website "This Lesbian's Guide To Anime & Manga".

Moderator: pkristen

"Labyrinth of Flames" (Anime)

Postby pkristen » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:32 am

2 Episode OVA. Originally reviewed February 12, 2002

Summary
Goofy college guy Galan worships samurais, to the point of reenacting his favorite moments in samurai movies. When he received a REAL Japanese sword from a girl friend, his life is turned upside down, involving REAL Japanese warriors, sword fights, and villainous babes.

Review
If you didn’t already know, this is the latest imported product from the creative team behind my guilty pleasure “Aika”. So yes, the sexy babes had my interest first and foremost, though I had some reservations knowing that there was a male lead this time. And the conclusion that I came to is that as sexist as the general aura of all series produced by this creative team is, the three lead men in “Labyrinth” are definitely NOT stellar examples of maleness. But, if you’re more politically correct than obnoxious, you will still have issues with the anime as a whole.

Lesbian Analysis
Not anything really glaring in this series. Just something I noticed that the two female villains showed a certain close partnership, even if it meant having a ménage a trios with their intended male victim. Unfortunately, you don’t get to really see anything between the two women. It’s just nice fantasy material.
pkristen

Return to From Japan