"Buttobi CPU: I Dream of Mimi" (Anime)

Manga, anime, music and other material created by people from the Land of the Rising Sun!
Formerly known as the website "This Lesbian's Guide To Anime & Manga".

Moderator: pkristen

"Buttobi CPU: I Dream of Mimi" (Anime)

Postby pkristen » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:00 am

1 Episode OVA. Originally reviewed August 7, 2001

Summary
Shy computer geek Akira spends his hard earned savings on what he thinks is a killer computer deal. He gets home and finds there was a robot girl in the box, who has special maintenance needs.

Review
When I saw that this DVD has a “17+” rating, I didn’t give it a second thought until I saw a review somewhere that convinced me to give it a chance. It was worth it.

Over the course of three OVA eps, we watch the teenage Akira and Mimi blossom in a relation that’s sweet fun, despite the implied sexual implications. There is nothing really graphic in this series so if you’re watching it for true hentai purposes, you’ll be disappointed. Personally, I thought the edited “American Pie” was more explicit.

The REAL joy, however, is the very obvious Apple vs. IBM battle depicted by the “Nackintosh Sisters” vs. Mimi and other “bio type androids”. Having been a person who has for various reasons jumped back and forth over the fence between Mac and IBM, the anime provided a couple of key moments of laughter for me.

While this one is a keeper for me, it may rate only “renter” category for most folks. That is, if you could find a place that would rent this.

Lesbian Analysis
There really isn’t that much to write other than pointing out the obvious fact that the Nackintosh sisters have an extremely… “interesting” way of downloading data from the Bio-Type Androids. And that’s all I’m typing…
pkristen

Return to From Japan