"L.A Confidential" (U.S. Movie)

Movies, television shows, and direct to your players material.

Moderator: pkristen

"L.A Confidential" (U.S. Movie)

Postby pkristen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:04 am

Originally posted on my blog: Tuesday 13 December 2011 - Filed under LGBT Media + Movie

Summary
Academy Award Winning film about the corruption in the L.A. police force in the ’50′s.

My Thoughts (with potential spoilers!)
Why I finally got around checking out this movie started as a non-gay documentary trail that is just too hard and obscure that’s not worth explaining. And frankly, after watching it, I felt very much like it was a testosterone fest, and I kept thinking “Kim Basinger (an actress I very much admire) won an Oscar for THAT role?!” I did think it was very well executed and I am an admirer of the three male actors, but story-wise it doesn’t offer anything worthwhile for a lesbian feminist.

I didn’t think I had any LGBT comments on it but a few days of machismo detox cleared my vision a bit.

Despite the hard core and brutal male perspective of the series, it does show a sympathetic moment in the form of a male actor who is roped into setting up a homosexual sting of a politician. But hardly enough to watch the movie JUST for that.
pkristen

Return to Big & Little Screens