"Modern Family" (ABC, US TV Series)

Movies, television shows, and direct to your players material.

Moderator: pkristen

"Modern Family" (ABC, US TV Series)

Postby pkristen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:37 am

Summary:
Focusing on the blend of an extended family: older patriarch with a suspiciously young and hot Columbian wife with her young son from a previous marriage, daughter of patriarch with her husband, two daughters and one son, and the son of the patriarch and his partner and their adopted baby girl from Viet Nam.

Review:
Okay, with everything else competing for my time and attention, I admit I didn't sit down and actually force myself to watch the first season until a couple of weeks ago -- even though I had owned the discs for quite some time.

Yes, I totally enjoy the series and am shame-faced that I haven't caught on to it sooner (though I always use my excuse that I don't have regular TV access.)

I think I like that the humor is frank and subversive. After all, screaming queen former football player who is also a clown is about one of the most genuine combo from a very likeable batch of characters.

And I admit the lesbian in me has no issues with the hot (female) wives in the show -- partially because of the very minimal lesbian presence in the series (so far).

Now, I just have to force myself to watch season 2 (and 3)
pkristen

Re: "Modern Family" (ABC, US TV Series)

Postby pkristen » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:39 am

Finished season 2 and my opinions haven't changed. I do love the occasional teasing (though not real) lesbian undercurrents with Claire and Gloria.
pkristen

Return to Big & Little Screens