"House of Lies" (Showtime, US TV Series)

Movies, television shows, and direct to your players material.

Moderator: pkristen

"House of Lies" (Showtime, US TV Series)

Postby pkristen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 am

I rarely feel compelled to comment about a series that I haven't watched but a Youtube clip of the scene involving Anna Camp in a pseudo-lesbian scene turned me off permanently from the show (and definitely no insult to the actress who I'm actually a fan of.)

From publicity blurbs, this show is supposed to be a biting comedy about a management consulting firm that uses any means (or persons) possible to get the job done.

The Anna Camp scene in question apparently comes from her being a newly-wed wife of a potential client who realizes she's really into girls full-time and proceeds to indulge in a bathroom encounter with her husband and others waiting in a fancy restaurant.

To see if I should check out this series further (which I'm always willing to support by buying the DVD/BD set), I watched the bathroom scene, and the supposedly hilarious aftermath reveal to her drunk husband about how she had a much more satisfying six minutes than her years with him. And her proof was that she "squirted".

In my mind, that was the absolutely rubber stamp that a lesbian had absolutely nothing to do with the writing of this scene and characters. And if any of the creative staff was a woman of any orientation, I would be extremely embarrassed.

So permanently striking this one off my to watch list.
pkristen

Return to Big & Little Screens