E! Online TV Couples Battle: Lesbian Showdown!

Movies, television shows, and direct to your players material.

Moderator: pkristen

E! Online TV Couples Battle: Lesbian Showdown!

Postby pkristen » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:38 am

Well, a little bit of fun if you haven't been aware of this one:
E! Online is currently holding the final round of their favorite TV couples tournament. And it's Glee's Britanny & Santana vs. Lost Girl's Lauren & Bo.

I've been voting since round four, with admittedly a focus on the Doccubus pairing.

Multiple voting is allowed. It ends Wednesday, Feb. 13 at 9:00 p.m. PT.

Oh, and thanks to Doccubus.com for the heads up!
pkristen

Re: E! Online TV Couples Battle: Lesbian Showdown!

Postby pkristen » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:01 am

Well, if you hadn't heard by now: Lauren and Bo won!

But what I find interesting is that not only was the final showdown between two lesbian couples, but the final four also included Glee's Kurt and Blaine. And I admitted in my voting history, I chose pairs that I either knew and liked, or they were LGBT. Apparently I wasn't the only one who used that methodology.

As for the Lost Girl win, it kind of reaffirms my personal opinion in the debate between Bo/Lauren and Bo/Dyson is that what makes the show really stand out as a fan favorite in a very crowded genre of supernatural television is a character like Lauren: an admirable lesbian who does the best she can in such a world. And it helps pairing her with the show's lead character to boot (with an admirable job by both actresses).

I personally always thought that the Dyson character was just cliche: badass, straight male character -- yawn!

I'm all for more characters like Lauren. Well, actually, more of Lauren is also great too!
pkristen

Return to Big & Little Screens