Hangry & Angry f (JP Artists)

Plays, musicals and other live shows, plus Recordings, Concerts & Music Videos

Moderator: pkristen

Hangry & Angry f (JP Artists)

Postby pkristen » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:58 am

Originally posted on my blog: Tuesday 20 December 2011

Summary:
As only the Japanese could envision: a project that is the combination of various aspects of JP pop culture with cutesy goth S&M cat characters with rock music and fashion. http://hangryandangry-f.com/

My Thoughts (with potential spoilers!):
Another case that I feel that I need to officially clarify why I consider H&A-f(uture) as part of my LGBT list.

Rika Ishikawa and Hitomi Yoshizawa are JP idols enlisted to be the “human” representation of these characters and have released a couple of CDs internationally as well as a DVD of their 2010 concert in JP. Being long-time performing partners, they’re the perfect representation for this project the more you look at it.

Now, as someone who saw them at their first U.S. appearance in Seattle and then followed them on their 2010 Euro tour, I can safely say that regardless of the rumors of the actual idols themselves, the fans LOVE the lesbian aspects portrayed in H&A-f music, videos and stage shows. EVERY time they touched each other on stage, the audience genuinely screamed in support.

And their music videos are no less subtle about the girl/girl interaction.

Now waiting for them to come back to North America for another performance!
pkristen

Return to Performance