"Cirque Du Soleil: Zumanity" (Las Vegas Permanent Show)

Plays, musicals and other live shows, plus Recordings, Concerts & Music Videos

Moderator: pkristen

"Cirque Du Soleil: Zumanity" (Las Vegas Permanent Show)

Postby pkristen » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:29 am

Summary: Billed as the "Sensual side of Cirque Du Soleil", this is the exclusive Vegas show focused on human sexuality as analyzed through circus acts.

Review: Even before moving to Vegas, I was a Cirque junkie, even having traveled out of state just to catch a couple of shows that were not going to be local any time soon. I've seen almost every Cirque show in Vegas -- the exception being the Criss Angel show, which is on my "if I'm ever really bored, I might go". Of course, that's highly unlikely any time in the next decade or two.

So whenever someone visits Vegas and asks for personal recommendation of what show they should see, if they're not an uptight individual, I always recommend "Zumanity".

I like its attitude of subversion and commentary. I've seen the shown six times over the years, and only once did it not have a lesbian act (since they rotate based on the availability and skills of the current cast. And yes, there's the gay male act that has certainly morphed over the years, for better or worse based on your attitude. And yes, I've seen all three Mistresses of Ceremony and the latest one, Mistress Edie, is definitely a worthwhile hostess.

Shortly after moving to Vegas, I was glad that I could attend it's special performance that benefited the gay and lesbian center in Vegas. So that's even more of a thumbs up if you're interested in LGBT-friendly entertainment!
pkristen

Re: "Cirque Du Soleil: Zumanity" (Las Vegas Permanent Show)

Postby pkristen » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:52 am

Something else to add to the Zumanity coolness factor: Mistress Edie once again did emcee duty at the Main Stage for Vegas pride this past weekend. AND one of the acts from the show performed!
pkristen

Return to Performance