God-des and She (Sept. 8, Las Vegas Pride 2012)

Plays, musicals and other live shows, plus Recordings, Concerts & Music Videos

Moderator: pkristen

God-des and She (Sept. 8, Las Vegas Pride 2012)

Postby pkristen » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:45 am

So because I had official photo duty for SNAPI (a.k.a. Vegas Pride), I had to plant myself in front of the main stage for most of the day. Thanks to that, I had front row/center view of the performers God-des and She. (http://www.god-desandshe.com/) Since I haven't watched any of the shows they were credited with appearing on (and I don't have cable anyway), this was my first exposure to them.

Billed as being a hip-hop and soul duo, I was very impressed with their performance as well as the very enthusiastic crowd reaction (for a timeslot that was a baking afternoon sun in a desert city.) Their singing was stellar and the songs had the intended affect on the audiences. And they did try to accommodate the "family friendly" (i.e., kids are present) rule by performing a "clean" version of their hit "Lick It", which they admit is still dirty.

I did think it was amusing that they had to spell out that their group name was not "goddess" -- I guess the side effect of being in the hip hop world.

I would definitely buy their material to support them (though I admit they're just a bit outside my personal taste in music so I don't see myself listening to their songs "just because"). But I would look forward to an opportunity to see them perform again if it comes up.

On a side note: When going through my photos for publicity, I had unintentionally taken photos down the front of God-des's shirt while was demonstrating a dance she made up. I'm not the type to release such photos, but just a note that she might not want to bend over as much in the future... Unless she was intentionally trying to entice certain audience members.
pkristen

Return to Performance